Future Events to look out for....
- 20th March Hymns & Classics - St Pauls Church - Hahndorf at 2pm
- Easter Weekend: Friday to Sunday: National Band Championships - Trinity College Gawler
- Monday 25th April - Anzac Day Parade - with many of our members taking part in Dawn Services throughout the Adelaide Hills as well as Adelaide suburbs
- Saturday 7th May - Hahndorf Band Festival - Pioneer Memorial Gardens - Hahndorf - 11am onwards
- Saturday 18th June - Hahndorf Musikfest - Hahndorf Institute - 7.30pm
If you are interested in further information for any of the above jobs we will be playing at please contact our President Greg Francis on 0429 929918.
After a short break over Christmas, members of the Hahndorf Town Band are back at rehearsal, preparing for a variety of performances over the next few months, as well as competing in the 2016 National Band Championships. These Championships are being held at Trinity College, Gawler this year and Hahndorf will be competing in the 'C' Grade section along with 9 other bands.
During the holidays 3 of our Youth Band members were invited to take part in the State Youth Brass Camp at the Tuckerway Hostel in Port Vincent from January 11th to 16th. This intense music camp is where our members along with other youth players from brass bands come together to learn from some of the best musicians in Australia and then perform at a variety of concerts throughout South Australia. (see more about this in our Youth Band News)
Australia Day Celebrations
Australia Day saw the Hahndorf Town Band taking part in the Mylor Celebration of the Centenary of the grand Australia Day Celebration which was held in 1916 by leading off the parade along the main street and onto the oval, with members of the community joining the procession.The organisers then took a recreated town photo to help commemorate the centenary, provided everyone with a traditional Aussie BBQ breakfast, unveiled the World War 1 honour roll and presented the Civic Awards.
Hymns & Classics Concerts
In March the band will be presenting their Hymns and Classics Concerts at 2 venues this year. The first one will be on Saturday 6th March at 2pm in the Spicers Church, St Peters and the second concert will be held in the Adelaide Hills at St Pauls Lutheran Church, Hahndorf commencing at 2pm.
- Wimmera German Festival participation.
- Hymns & Classics 2013
- Hymns & Classic's Concert
- Band members visit Belgium grave
- Heat Challenges Band at Credit Union Pageant
- First Competition for Band’s new Conductor
- Funds help acknowledge Band War Heroes
- Vale Jerry Grootenboer
- Gawler Show Performance
- Band receives ANZAC Day Accolades